July 5: the movers arrived all ready to pack. We allowed them in the door with open arms. I am not so sure we were all ready to have them pack up our belongings that day, but they did. It was rather uneventful except for our first in-house camping experience. All of the food in the pantry was packed, as well as our pots/pans, so we borrowed a cookie sheet from our wonderful neighbor Mary Ann, and made kielbasa with a side of chicken nuggets, and carrots. GROSS COMBO, I know. Talk to Jason about that one. The kids thought that ketchup for the nuggets and ranch dressing for the carrots in a cup were hilarious. I have to agree.
July 6: The rest of the house was packed in boxes, then moved onto the truck to head west. What should have lasted about 4 hours really took about 7 hours because these people were somewhat lazy and incompetent. It all got done, but once you read the entry for July 14, you'll find out why I say these people were lazy and incompetent. Today was Jason and Juliana's last night at home. We all slept without our beds, but once again, our wonderful neighbor came to the rescue. We borrowed matresses for the floor, a couple pillows, and sheets too. THANKS!


July 7: o7/o7/07 was Jason and Juliana's official last day in Michigan. After saying some good-bye's, although not enough since we were so busy, Kevin and I took them to the airport. Kevin, Shadow, and I wondered what in the world we would do for the next 24 hours. We had a ball, 3 books, no food, no dog cage, no bones... what are we going to do????? Somehow we made it. Imagine that?!?! Kevin and I threw the one green ball around the house for hours. He loved it since there were no obstacles. Shadow just stared at us and wondered what the heck was goin' on.
July 8: I finished cleaning up the fridge, and freezer, took out remaining trash, cleaned windows, bathrooms, bedrooms, and all of that fun stuff. I didn't want to leave the house looking like a disaster. I failed to mention that Jason painted the entire house in one day to give it a fresh look for our prospective buyers, whoever they are. The house looked fabulous!! SOOOOOO, Mom arrived about an hour late into DTW, so we got onto the road (after a home cooked meal from Mary Ann and David) about 6pm. We drove out of Michigan and it was a scary feeling to once again be moving and picking up our lives and starting fresh. We stayed in Hammond, Indiana that night.
July 9: We woke up in Hammond, Indiana and headed for Des Moines, Iowa. This was the easiest day of all. Only 5 hours of driving, well 7 or so with stops. Des Moines is a great little city. I wouldn't exactly call it a tourist destination, but it had everything you could need or want. We were tempted to go to The Cheesecake Factory, although mom did not want to leave Shadow in the hotel room alone. Throughout the trip, we never ate at a restaurant. It was too hot to leave poor Shadow in the back of the car, even with the windows down. We because quite familiar with Subway, McDonald's, or Lean Cuisine from The Residence Inn freezers. We ate on WalMart lawns, hotel lawns, and rest stop picnic tables.
July 10: Des Moines, Iowa to Sidney, Nebraska. Ohhhhh boy, our wonderful country is beautiful, yet desolate in so many areas. Corn fields were not only next to us, but they were on the horizons too. Sidney, Nebraska was a small town, yet it was city life to those wonderful Nebraskans.


July 11: Sidney, Nebraska to Salt Lake City Utah. We thought today would be the most beautiful drive through Wyoming. I am not sure where we got that idea. Wyoming is terribly boring and somewhat ugly too. We'd see signs such as, "Next Rest Stop 102 Miles" or "No Facilities" next to rest stop signs. With a toddler and a dog, facilities were a necessity. Once we made it to Utah, the drive was worth every minute. Utah is gorgeous!!! This was a big reason for wanting to take this drive. Salt Lake City is a great city too, very clean, and the people were wonderful!





July 12: Salt Lake City, Utah to Roseville, California. Because I am tired of writing and you are tired of reading, I'll keep this part really short. Once we made the drive through Nevada and saw Reno, we knew that home was not far away. We canceled our hotel reservation and drove to Roseville where my sister Stephanie lives. She was watching Juliana all week and I felt like I had to relieve her of those duties. I also needed something familiar at this point. I was going crazy with hotels, and a think Kevin, Shadow, and Mom were too. Mom dropped Kevin and I off in Roseville, then she and Shadow continued to her house.

July 13: Mom picked us up and we were off to our new little home. Once we made the 2 hour drive, we were locked out. Jason forgot to unlock an inside lock on the front door, so we were only able to see the outside. That was enough for me. It is beautiful here!!!
July 14: Party at Dad and Dorene's house! Fun fun fun!

July 15: Comcast party at Paramount Great America! Another day of fun and sun!!! Juliana loved the rides! She even went on a lot by herself. What a big girl! Kevin had a great time too, although he just loved to people watch and drink his bottled water. He did go on a few rides. Jason and I were just along for the fun and really didn't care what the day would bring. It was a great day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment