Today marks the end of a long relationship in our lives. Some know, some don't... but, Juliana has been seeing a therapist for the last 5 years. She's been going every wednesday, same time, same place, same doctor. Today was the last of those appointments. I think if it was of professional behavior, her therapist would've sobbed the ugly cry too.
They painted wooden pencil holders and ate cupcakes together today, talked about accomplishments, and goals, proud moments, not-so-proud moments, and successes.
Starting over is a good thing, it's just hard. The next one will probably be good, probably be helpful, but it's just not the same. When I hear the therapist tell me, "Sh** happens. It's gonna be okay", that's how I know I've scored the jackpot. While I'm not looking for that to happen from anyone else, I am looking for another jackpot for Juliana. She has come SO far, with a long way to go.
There are usually a handful (or two) of people who change the course of your life. Juliana has one. On to the next....
No comments:
Post a Comment