Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Day Of Pure Excitement!

Today will always be remembered as a day of pure excitement. Juliana started Kindergarten! She was comfortable from the moment we walked onto the school campus and got a bit lost. Her classroom is a typical Kindergarten room with calendars, numbers, colors, etc. Her teacher seems great too! All of the parents were asked to stay for the first hour, so I accepted, of course. The teacher gave the children an assignment with handprints or something along those lines. The other parents were reading the paper and the directions to their children, and here is my shining star reading the directions to me. I'll admit, I was a proud Mommy! I am forever grateful that Juliana walked into the classroom happy and ready to learn. What else can I ask for!

When I got home, I had to call Tory. Most of you know Tory, although if you don't, to refresh your memory, we have been "best friends" since 8th grade, she was in our wedding, and is Juliana's godmother too. Tory is having her baby sometime today and I can hardly wait to hear of the birth. I am sad she is in Arkansas, so I am not able to give some big hugs to Tory and baby smooches to her angel, but hopefully I will see them soon.

Today was so exciting, that I am going to only give a quick note about the weekend. I had a blast with Meara, Justin, Mandy, Sadie, Lindsey, Mark, Sonia, and everyone else at the beach this past weekend. I had to leave a day early because I got severely sunburned. I won't go into details, but I have to say that the pain has rivaled going through a c-section. Horrid pain. The beach and the company this weekend was priceless. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR A FUN WEEKEND!

Are you wondering where the pictures are??? I think my camera has finally died. I had to use a disposable camera for Juliana's first day and I will get those developed later today or tomorrow. Lots to do. Kevin's birthday is on saturday, so there is a lot to think about. Maybe Kevin will get a new camera for his birthday that only Mommy and Daddy can use. Hmmmmmmmmm.............

No comments: