I'm knee deep in my CASA case lately. It's been eye opening, and often I wish it could be eye- closing. We have all done too many episodes of eye-closing, so I owe it to my youth to continue to open my eyes to him/her, and his/her experiences. I have already created such a bond with my youth. To see the look on his/her face and expressions in his/her eyes makes me want to melt. The other child in the home makes me melt too. Ughhhh, it is my wish that ALL of these children could have someone advocate for them. I can be there for a big bear hug for the other child, but I am not able to be his/her advocate. Makes me so angry, and he/she has told me that it makes him/her angry too. If only I could change their reality, I'd be satisfied with the process. I never can change his/her reality, I just will keep wishing. ----Excuse the "him/her" references. I may just come up with my own name, perhaps with the same gender, to make it easier. Who knows. -----
No comments:
Post a Comment