Monday, July 23, 2012

A little peace

If you read my last post, it was about our adventure heading northbound on Hell Highway. We made it all the way to Exit 999, Heavenly Blvd. Along the way, there were unexpected stop lights on the freeway, which I really despise, but when it turns green, I tend to forget about stopping at the unexpected light.

Juliana and I had all week together while Kev was in camp. We went to parks, we are still exercising each morning, and she even went with me to my first waxing experience. NOW, that's a mother/daughter bonding experience! HA!

Cutting wood to help build the structures at the park. Fun stuff, I tell ya... until you get hurt, but that's ok, I suppose. She didn't get hurt from the saw though, she took a hammer, a nail, and found out the hard way that hammers meeting the thumb really really really hurt!


Peace John. Tory will miss your Daddy kisses, and the world will miss your laugh, your words of wisdom, your dry humor, your incredible movie collection, and faithful love of animals.
Hearing one of my best friends on the planet tell me her Daddy has died must be one of the most difficult things to handle. I've heard it once before, and it is heart wrenching. I know I'll be hearing it again very soon, and I'm not ready for it. I heard my own dad's voice this week as he told me about his cancer surgery. That's right, I don't share everything on facebook as some may think I do.

I'm still trying to find the words or the ways to make a moment better for Tory. She's an only child, she was definitely Daddy's girl. Keep her and her family in your thoughts. She needs it.

No comments: