Thursday, July 01, 2010

STINKY

So yesterday wasn't exactly our lucky day, nor the day before yesterday. I should probably stay home for the rest of the day since crappy luck happens in three's, BUT with my luck, an airplane will strike the house or somethin'. :)

I'm hoping like heck that nobody else hits my car, and that no more skunks invade our yummy smelling family members, and/or home. Jason came home from his nightly walk, he bursts in the door and says, "GOOD NEWS... I RAN A WHOLE MILE! BAD NEWS... IT'S 'CAUSE WE WERE SPRAYED BY A SKUNK!" That was the beginning of 5 hours of putting chemicals together and doing internet research to get out the horrid smell from the skunk oils.

BUT...

Our house, cars, dog, and people are back to smelling like roses again. Jason actually burned his skin last night with a bad combination of vinegar, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. He knew to make the combination, but he made it a paste on his body, and didn't add the one gallon of water. It got the smell out though... that was his 5th shower about 1am. Shadow is currently at the groomers, and I am hoping that he can be de-skunked too. He had 4 baths last night, so we'll see. Our washing machine is the only thing that still has skunk smell. It is going through a second bleach cycle right now.

Well, at least we get to buy new towels for our house. Jason used 4 on Shadow and 5 on himself, and the smell won't get out, so they are in the trash, along with his 2 week old sneakers, and beloved walking clothes too. Haaaaa! I'll be going to BBB (Bed B@th & Beyond) tomorrow for new towels... darn!

I'm kinda wondering if anyone is gonna crap on our front doorstep, 'cause that would be icing on our crappy cake o' life these days. This too shall pass. At least I have some new conversation pieces to add to my collection.

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

Joey's gotten it twice so I know how it feels. The second time I was quite preggo and home alone, Brian had to come home and lug him kicking and screaming into the tub. After a douche bath or
two he was the sweetest-smelling thing in the house, and the rest was terrible! BTW....when you're checking out @CVS witch ten boxes of douche, it gets you strange looks and the clerk does NOT tell you to have a good night!