Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh My, The Ocean!





Hello again! Well, I found out last week that I did not get the job that I interviewed for a few weeks ago. The position I was going to fill was not open from the start. The teacher already in place decided to keep her position, rather than moving on to another. That's ok, I was told in a very professional manner, and not strung along. I was told to hold on until September because it is not unheard of for another position to open this late in the summer. I am sure it will not happen, but at least I am ready to work in this state after going through background checks, fingerprinting, physicals, etc. Who knows what lurks around each corner!

We started off our weekend heading to see Auntie Meara!! What a fun day! Juliana finally swam like a little fish... with her life jacket of course. She left the sides of the pool for the first time, and ventured into the middle of the pool, and then shocked me by jumping off the side of the pool too. What a big kid!!! Meara treated us to frozen yogurt to congratulate Juliana's milestone. Juliana had a great time at the yogurt place. She chose chocolate yogurt, with m&m's, sprinkles, gummy bears, and a few other toppings. I believe she ate nearly all of it too!

From the pool with Auntie Meara, we headed to Uncle Patrick and Auntie Laura's house. Shadow was so excited to see us, and even ran to the car expecting to jump in the back and to head back home. He is a happy camper at his newest camp. Another great visit with Pat and Laura, especially at the park. Thanks for a fun afternoon!

Sunday morning we decided to head to Capitola, right outside Santa Cruz. What a great decision that turned out to be. We had such a fabulous day covering our bodies with sand, building sand castles, running in the water, and even made friends with a sand crab. Jason and I looked at each other when we got home and just said, "Let's do that again!" I can't wait!

Another busy week and weekend coming up. My nephew Trace turns 5 on August 16!

Kevin just woke up. It's 9am. He must have been exhausted from the beach yesterday. Going to get him now.

No comments: