Saturday morning when I woke up, I knew I was in for a marathon of things to accomplish. I started the morning making the worst batch of pancakes that I'd ever made, doing laundry while they were cooking, and packing suitcases for our overnight stay at my sisters house. Once all of the mundane, yet necessary household chores were done, I packed the car, and we headed for the valley.
Our first stop was Sonic. Jason and I have never been to one, and thought we were in for a greasy, yummy, and unique fast food experience. Well, we got two out of the three experiences. We got greasy (REALLLLLLY GREASY, YUCK) and unique. Yummy wasn't really the word we'd use. It certainly wasn't terrible, but we both said we wouldn't rush back to a Sonic, that's for sure. All of those goofy Sonic commercials certainly won't catch our attention anymore.
From Sonic, we went to the Yolo County Fair, my hometown. We only stayed for about 15 min because I realized we were running late for Trace's birthday party. Juliana and Kevin made friends with sheep, goats, enormous pigs, milk cows, and beef cows. As Juliana walked by one of the cows being auctioned for slaughter (I apologize for the visual), Juliana says, "Thank you cow for my milk, my cheese, and my meatballs." The handler cracked up laughing, along with about five other listeners. Oh boy, if Juliana ever knew why that 2000 lbs Angus cow was going into that show ring, she'd feel really bad. Off to Trace's party....
The party was a lot of fun and hot too. We aren't used to the heat over here. Juliana was able to swim the whole time, yes, meaning 4 hours straight of swimming with her cousins, Uncle Kyle, and other friends too. After the party, we stayed for an adult party of our own and had a great time. By morning we regretted that last drink or two, but I'll leave the story alone.
Off to Woodland again... we drove by my childhood home yesterday. The first time in almostthree years. I got choked up not being able to walk in like it was my own house. It is a good thing that it was maintained. Not as cute as when my mom owned it, but I can't complain, it was in decent shape. After seeing the house, and going to lunch, we headed for Mom's house for a little bit and saw Mom and Shadow. What a good doggy!
We didn't end up going to Danny's 30th birthday party yesterday because after 2 days of action packed days without naps, and a 2 hour drive home, it would have been a disaster. The drive home actually ended up to be a little more than 3 hours because of Bay Area traffic, so I am glad we came home. I did hear the party was a blast though!
It's 8:47am, and Kevin just woke up. I have to get him now. Perfect timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment