Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To shop, or not to shop?

9 MORE DAYS... have I started shopping? Noooooooooo. Is it driving me nuts???? Yeah, but I get in these emotional ruts here and there, and I think that shopping is so silly considering the economy, those that are less fortunate, those that are stuck in hospitals, or those that are simply not loving the holidays for different reasons. Then I come out of it and want to run to the nearest mall. I have not gone to any malls or gone crazy online, I'm stuck somewhere in between. This year will be modest I suppose. I do enjoy shopping for friends and family, so who knows what I will end up doing. I just know that I have 9 days until Christmas, so actually 7 days until our family is in lockdown. No traveling from Christmas Eve until Christmas morning. Just an unwritten rule I created for our family. I always hated going from my mom's house, to my step-grandparents, back to my mom's, then to my dad's, then to my aunt, then to my grandma.... all from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day.

I hear rain pouring right now. The darkness outside is making me think I have more time until the kids get up. Nope. Time to get ready for school.

No comments: