Thursday, November 18, 2010

Give Thanks

This morning, the kids and I were talking about daily things going on at school. One of the big things going on is Kevin's Thanksgiving party tomorrow at school. It is a day to "Give Thanks", write letters to his teacher, and another excuse for parents to bring cameras into the classroom. Juliana said, "I remember when I had that party in Kindergarten. Kevin was in the hospital. It was so sad." That gave me flashbacks of this....

It is a great reminder to be thankful for what you have. I'll never forget the families making Thanksgiving preparations and all I could wish and hope for was to be home for Thanksgiving. After 19 days (I think), Kevin ended up being released on Thanksgiving Day evening, so we had a quick turkey meal at home alone. It was a memorable Thanksgiving for sure.

No comments: