Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Goofy Birthday Getaway

I wish I could post all 300ish photos that I took and include the 75ish photos that the photographers at Disneyland took too. These photos kinda sorta have a story, sooooo I'll start with these from our getaway........

This is ME and my munchkins in front of It's A Small World. It was closed to prepare for Christmas decorations. Since it is my all-time favorite ride, I had to get a picture with the kids in front of it. This was taken on my birthday. Speaking of birthday at Disneyland, I got "Happy Birthday" at least 200 times from cast members and random visitors. It was so sweet!
My birthday itself was hands-down, the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! We spent the entire day at Disneyland, and ended the evening/night at California Adventure. My birthday dinner was FANTABULOUS! It really wasn't very kid friendly, but was incredible. The desserts were made from chocolatiers and pastry chefs, and was just incredible! The night ended with the World of Color show. AMAZING!!!

Kevin browsing the castle. It was closed the day before because of the Christmas Day ABC concert/parade.
HILARIOUS! Kevin chatted the ears (and nose) off of Alice n' crew. He completely insulted the Mad Hatter by saying that he was actually Pinocchio because of his big nose! Haaaaa, it was a hilarious conversation. Alice, The Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, and Mad Hatter chit-chatted with us for about 5 minutes then took off. Many people were ticked off, but it was a highlight of our trip.
HOLLYWOOD! On our way home, we stopped in Hollywood. Juliana loved the stars on the Walk of Fame. Snow White was one of her favorites. A story... back in September, she was chosen to play Snow White in her class play. She was so excited to sing in front of an audience and to have a big part. I had to tell her teacher that we would not be there for the performance (11/9), so her teacher had to snag the part from her. Yikes! Soooo, Juliana had an understudy perform the part for her. It made Juliana so sad, until of course, she knew that we were going to see the real princesses at Disneyland. And then, her day was made to see Snow White's star on the Walk of fame.
That's all for today. I'll do another post tomorrow, but I'll try not to go overboard.

No comments: