This is going around Facebook, and has been since Facebook began. A person close to me posted this today, and I have to say, it makes me giggle.
YES, I have a Christmas tree too. Yes, my kids will have Christmas gifts under our Christmas tree. I cook a Christmas meal. I do send Christmas cards. And frankly, nobody I know has a problem with it. I was actually just over at my friends home, who is from Pakistan, and practices Islam, and she was telling me how behind she is putting up her Christmas tree this year. Haaaaaaa! One of my Jewish friends joked with me on monday that she hasn't received our Christmas card yet. One of our friends does not celebrate anything whatsoever, and she still allowed her child to stay overnight in a house full of Christmas cheer, and even wished us a Merry Christmas upon picking up her daughter after Juliana's sleepover, plus, she didn't freak out when she knew her daughter sat on Santa's lap earlier that morning.
Needless to say, let's stop being selfish about OUR holiday as if it is the only one being celebrated, and stop thinking that the other people are out to sabotage Christmas. They don't expect us to celebrate their holidays nor do they shove it down our throats. America is a great place to be, so let's stop being so selfish thinking that Christmas is so fantastic or better than something else. Frankly, the only ones I find who have an issue with Christmas being knocked to the curb is Fox News spreading useless crap, I mean fear... just sayin'.
Oh, and no, I won't say who posted this on Facebook. I've seen it from this person, and heard it from others, it just struck a nerve with me today, that's all.
Have a Merry Hanukkah, a Blessed Kwanzaa, a Happy Christmas, and oh, crap, Ramaddan has passed already. Happy Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment