
My voting experience was an interesting one today. My first, middle, and last names were misspelled, or to be more accurate, they were butchered. My middle name is ALWAYS misspelled, so that didn't shock me, but come on, my first and last name are incredibly easy. So, I cleared that mistake. I was given my ballot, then went to VOTE.
I felt really good at the voting booth. There were a few issues that I voted merely for the fact that they were for the common good, and not necessarily how I felt. And NO, that has nothing to do with Prop 8 (gay marriage) in this state. I have my own views on that issue. Just voting for my presidential choice, and a few other initiatives felt good.
There were a few people in the polling area that were complaining about a woman campaigning near the voting site. "Is she within legal limits? Get her outta here." The woman was within legal limits, so poo poo on them. Haaa, kidding. Then another woman in the polling area wanted to know why ballots were in languages other than English. She was beside herself on this issue, until another voter shut her up on the issue. Drama, what can I say?! Feel how you want to feel on certain things, but pleeeeease don't voice them at the polling booths. I should get signatures for "SILENT VOTING RIGHTS", so I don't have to hear complaining when I am trying to be an oh-so perfect citizen by voting.
One last thing... I didn't get a cool, "I VOTED TODAY" sticker. I'm on a full protest mission now!
-------------------------------
TO BREAK UP MY POLITICAL POSTS, HERE IS SOMETHING FUN...
Two words NO MORE NO LESS can be used... Have fun and try not to use the same answers as the person before you...
1. Where is your cell phone? .............the car.
2. Your significant other?........... on freeway.
3. Your hair? .............................. borrrring brown.
4. Your mother?........................... always Rosie.
5. Your father?.............................. my Dad.
6. Your favorite thing?......................... girlfriend martinis.
7. Your dream last night?...................... to sleep.
8. Your favorite drink? ........................... see above.
9. Your dream/goal?.............................. lotsa money! HAAAA!
10. The room you're in?..................... needs cleaning.
11. Your ex?...................................WHO CARES!
12. Your fear?............................... crumbs, pickles.
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years?............. The Hamptons.
14. Where were you last night?................ Girl Scouts.
15. What you're not?.......................... On vacation.
16. Muffin?......................................... Chocolate chip.
17. One of your wish list items?.............. girls vacation. (I'm seeing a pattern here.)
18. Where you were born?...............Bay Area
19. The last thing you did?...................... I VOTED!
20. What are you wearing?.............. comfy clothes.
21. Your TV?....................................... is OLD.
22. Your pets?..................................... is lazzzzzy.
23. Your computer? ......................... is fant-abulous!
24. Your life?..................................... ups downs.
25. Your mood?................................. pretty good.
26. Missing someone?.................... always missing.
27. Your car?..................................... want new.
28. Something you're not wearing?..................my attitude.
29. Favorite Store?......................... Target please.
30. Your summer?........................... hate summer.
31. Like someone?........................ of course.
32. Your favorite color?........................dark blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment