Thursday, November 06, 2008

To eat or not to eat?

How is it that the Biggest Loser women intake 1400 calories and work off a target 4000 calories during a workout? And the men intake about 2500 calories and work off up to 6000 calories? Isn't that a bit unreasonable for real life?! C'mon I love the show, but show me something realistic, not 6 hours in the gym and astronomical poundage loss.

I thought about giving myself the best birthday present ever... a total 20 lbs weight loss. That would be, uhhhhh, 4 lbs by tomorrow. Starve myself? Ehhh, not so much. It sounds really appealing to look at the scale and see that number though. I know I'll be at -17 when I weigh myself tonight. Yesterday I was squeaking by that mark by a hair. Then again, I was fully clothed. Ohh, maybe I should just count it. Nope, I have to actually see the number in order for me to count it.

By the way, I am officially sick of candy. Halloween gave me carb burn out and plenty of sugar headaches too. No more for me, thanks.

I do plan on having some sort of birthday cake or birthday yum-yum tomorrow though. I am also taking Juliana to her first movie at the theater tomorrow too. So popcorn is in order. I think I'd be the worst mother ever if I took her to the theater for the very first time and said to her, "nope, no popcorn or candy. mommy's too fat!"

I guess I'll be enjoying food on saturday night too. That night is the REAL birthday celebration. More about that LATAHHH!

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Yes, for Juliana's first movie, popcorn is in order.

Lataahhh....I love when you put on a New England accent!

Elyse said...

Juliana and you will have a great time. Try to have some fun and eat a little popcorn!!!

Also-it is so wierd that you are posting about the biggest loser. I just had a conversation about that. I wish I had 6 hours to spend in the gym-not! Where in the world would I get 6 more hours in my day? Keep doing what you are doing and hang in there!!!
~Elyse~