Monday, November 10, 2008

No more tubes, needles...


THE TYPICAL "NOT ME MONDAY" RULES DO NOT REALLY APPLY TODAY. I WANTED TO DO IT ANYWAY.

I could not bring myself to write about this yesterday. This was our story just one year ago... November 9, 2007 was the beginning of a nightmare. As the days piled on top of each other, my heart sank deeper and deeper wondering what in the world was going on and when it would all end.

I remember sleeping next to his crib hearing the countless monitors beeping, watching the nurses give him new bags of nutrition, cleaning up his bed nearly every hour from bodily fluids all over, listening to his screams each time they missed a vein because they were all collapsing, hearing a doctor and nurse shake their head each shift wondering what was going on, watching his big sister look at him from afar because she was terrified of all of his tubes, looking around at the other children and parents in the hospital with desperate looks upon their faces.... and it goes on and on.

Here we are one year later, and we are still figuring out what is going on with our little guy. Luckily he has not seen a scary doctor or nurse for any IV's, needles, or anything like that since July. I'd like to stay away from all of the pain, screaming, and terrified "help me, they are hurting me" eyes,




You'd never know that he has gone through so much. Right now he is dancing to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and loving every minute of it. He played soccer at the gym today, and told me all about kicking the ball into the coach's tummy. OOPS!

One day, we will figure out the medical mysteries going on. Right now, he seems to be okay, so I'm running with that idea... for now.

No comments: