We had a busy day with plenty of pictures, BUT today's biggest news... KEVIN ATE PASTA FOR THE FIRST TIME! Yes, he is nearly 3 1/2 and I am happy that he ate pasta!!! This is a huge step for him. He lives off of liquids, and some other basic foods, which makes him tiny for his age, and his BMI (Body Mass Index) too low to show.
He only ate about a full string of spaghetti, but he did it totally on his own. It was gobbed with tomato sauce, which is a good thing too. He has NEVER (I said NEVER) swallowed a fruit or vegetable in his entire life. As I said, he pretty much lives off of basic foods, and liquids. He was shaking as he was eating the strand of spaghetti, but he got it down for the first time.
His pediatrician will be sooooo happy to hear this news since he has been diagnosed with "oral aversions". Just yesterday we received his referral for OT. Speaking of happy, you should have seen all of us at the table. You would have thought he was having another birthday by the way we were praising him, even Juliana was in complete shock. Whooo hooo!
What a great way to end 2008! It seems odd, ok VERY odd, to be so excited about my son eating pasta, but I am. Did I say, YAYYYY?!!?
2 comments:
Congratulations...that's wonderful news!
karen, that is awesome! yes, that is a huge step!! :)
Post a Comment