Monday, November 17, 2008

S'more please

There are half days at school ALL week. So what is a mom to do? Today, I thought I'd get creative with snack time. We had smores! Yummy for your tummy smores!

Recipe:
One graham cracker split in half
One Hershey Kiss
One smear of Fluff (or as us West coasters call it, Marshmallow Cream... it's not the same.)

Ok, I am not exactly waiting for that recipe to be published in the next edition of "The Joy of Cooking", but it worked for me. And the kids were completely impressed with mommy for a split second or two. The impressed part actually came when I inserted the graham cracker into the toaster oven for about 20 seconds to melt the kiss. "Whoaaa Mommy, yook at dat!"

Both Juliana and Kevin were impressed with this snack, although Kevin wanted NOTHING to do with eating it. That's the definition of a picky eater! He chose to eat a bag full of Teddy Grahams instead.

Go ahead and try this incredible recipe at home. Just don't blame me if you burn your house down from putting it into the toaster.

3 comments:

adventures in rhode island said...

funny, i actually had graham crackers as a snack today, but your graham cracker treat sounds much better! yummmmmm

Mc Allen said...

OHHHHHH yeah, sounds yummy cheap and easy!! Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna try it ;) LA

Crafty Mama said...

I think s'mores could help along world peace. :) We make them sometimes, with hershey bars and in the microwave. The toaster oven sounds better though, would give the "marshmallow cream" a bit of crispiness. Now I want one for breakfast! (but I won't)