Saturday, I took Kevin in the car and we headed down the freeway for the 2 hours toward the valley. On the way, about 45 minutes into our drive, I see a bus and do a double take. I see my Dad driving the bus. In his retirement, he drives charter buses. Apparently it is more fun than working for the Federal Government. (I digress.) So, I illegally pick up my cell phone and call his cell. He actually answers his phone, and I say, "Why are you at _______ exit?" He says, "How do you know?" and I say, " 'cause I just saw you get off the freeway." Soooo, he tells me where he is headed and I get off at the next exit to meet him in a parking lot. His bus was empty. He had 5 hours to kill while he got his glasses fixed. OLD MAN, what can I say?! Kevin had so much fun pacing the aisle of the bus, playing with the HUGE steering wheel, and watching the movie playing too.
After seeing my dad, we got back on the freeway to head to see my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew. My brother-in-law was playing in a baseball tournament. My sister and I just sat and talked on the bleachers while the kids played and Kyle played baseball.
Then I headed to see my mom really quick, then got back on the freeway to go pick up Shadow's meds at his vet's office. BUSY AFTERNOON!
Saturday night I spent having a blast having a last night out with Kerri. So much fun laughing, gossiping, chatting, drinking, eating pizza (and dessert too), and laughing a bit more. Gosh, I am gonna miss that girl! ( No photos... or should I say, I won't post them. They are funny, maybe I will. LOL.)
Sunday, Juliana and I went to a birthday party. FUN FUN FUN! The kids jumped around on trampolines, did cartwheels, you get the idea. A great time!
Then we came home and left as a family to go see "UP" in 3D. Such a great movie! It really was not what I was expecting, but it was really good. It was Kevin's first movie theater experience and Juliana's second time going. They both did really well. Probably because Jason and I made it a full experience. We got candy at the grocery store, popcorn and drinks at the theater.... their mouths were moving the entire time, but stuffing with food, not talking. HAAAA! Not the healthiest day, but a lot of fun.
We ended sunday with a nice long walk. I love our walks here. No matter where we go, there is something pretty to see, and even better, a great background for taking useless photos. :)
1 comment:
What a coincidence!!!
Post a Comment