Monday, June 29, 2009

More CA views

Saturday night, I had a girls night. It was great, of course. I did not take pictures for some reason, but trust me, we had fun. I wish I enjoyed a cocktail or two, although I don't trust myself when I am driving home. I had time to kill before driving home, so I guess it would have been okay. The company was all I needed.

Yesterday, I was fully intending on staying home or staying local, but of course, we had another adventure. Juliana wanted to go to the beach again, so I looked online to find somewhere new. We went to Bodega Bay. I'll admit, at first we were disappointed. Until we actually parked the car and went looking into the water. Within 2 minutes we saw crabs crawling everywhere, a sea lion swimming around, jellyfish swimming, and then we were invited to see crabs on a real fishing boat. The kids touched the enormous crab, and did you know parts of crabs are furry? I didn't know that. Learn somethin' new every day.

From there, we got back in the car to find a place to eat our picnic lunch. We ended up going down a back road and found a great beach with picnic tables on the high cliffs. We went to eat, play in the sand, and explore. Another California adventure in the books......

The fisherlady showing the kids the crab.
That is a loooooong way down. Pretty picture!
Daddy keeping Kev safe.
Lookin' perrrty, as usual.
More gorgeous views. Pictures barely do it justice.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Love all the pictures. I would do anything to have those views... What a great adventure for you guys.