Thursday, June 25, 2009

Social butterfly or wasp?



I have come to the conclusion that Kevin will only attend school for the social life it will bring for him. That kid cracks me up!

I took Juliana with me to drop Kevin off at summer camp. This is a new place for him with new teachers, new kids, new parents dropping off... you get the idea. Kevin sees the first child show up and immediately walks over to him and says loudly, "Look Mom, he's my friend" then looks at the kid and says, "RIGHT?" He boy ran to his grandfather in fear of his life.

Next victim... a little girl. "Hi. I'm Kevin. I'm your friend." The girl didn't say anything, but ran behind a tree and looked for Kevin to play with her. After running around the tree together he says, "Nanny, come here." ("Nanny" is Juliana) Juliana comes over and he says to the little girl, "This is my sister Juliana. She is 7 and is going to beach camp...." blah blah blah. He went on and on and on. Just in case you are wondering, he calls Juliana her name in front of other people, but when it is just the two of them, he says, "Hey Nanny" or "Hey Nan". It is so darn cute!

So, the teachers come out, Juliana and I try to say GOODBYE, and he is already comfortable in the classroom without saying goodbye. I love that kid!

No comments: