Today we went to Stinson Beach. I had never been there, except passing through. It was a pretty place. The roads getting there left me a bit lightheaded though. Soooo, we headed to the beach with our lunch, ate while the sea gulls were stalking us, then teased them by not leaving an iota for them to eat. Haaaaa, I hate those creatures! They are flying rats!
The kids played really well together today. I forgot towels at home, so they used their blankets in the car. It worked out fine. It isn't as if they could swim... (see photo)
Ok, so I have to confess... I let Kevin sit in the water a little far out, and within a microsecond, the water came and made him tumble in circles. It scared the crap out of me! I grabbed him so fast since I was standing right next to him. If I was not immediately next to him, I can not imagine how fast he would have been washed away. He swallowed quite a bit of water, had sandy eyes, ears, nostrils, and every other body part. He never cried, thank goodness. I think he was terrified, and so was I!!!! I am not sure what I was thinking. Ughhh, I don't get the Mommy of the Year award today, that's for sure. In the end, he is totally fine, and I guess that is all that matters.
Once we left the beach, we missed our exit going home, so I went about 10 minutes out of the way to the Marin Headlands. It was gorgeous and not crowded, so we could get a good parking spot... for good pictures, of course. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment