I sat on my bed this morning wondering what I could do today. Jason is working, so I knew I had ALL day on my hands. I wanted somewhere within a 2 hour drive, I wanted something fun, yet with very little money attached to it. Sooo, we ended up going to Point Reyes. I had not been there since I was in high school, and I had never driven there on my own. I did pretty darn good. I was impressed with myself. Ok, I was impressed with google maps.
We first went to a beach that was less than "Point Reyes-ish". Pretty I suppose, but definitely not what I was looking for. Since I paid $6 for parking, we made the best of it for about an hour. We left when a kid near us started feeding the seagulls and every seagull within a 12 mile radius came to enjoy a buffet of Lays potato chips. It ticked me off, but it was my way out of that pathetic beach. The kids hated the seagulls.
I eventually found signs for the Point Reyes lighthouse, so we made the trek up the hill/mountain to the lighthouse vantage point, only to find out that the lighthouse was actually about 1/2 mile down about 1500 stairs... down a steep cliff, of course. No way, I was not bringing a 3 year old and a 6 year old down those steps. What goes down, must come back up... well, we'd hope anyway. We walked back to the car, and I thought we'd go to finally eat.
Nope, no eating. I found a gorgeous beach. Too bad the signs in the parking lot had warnings of sharks, strong undertow, and swim at your own risk. What did we do? Yes, we grabbed our buckets and shovels and headed to the beach. We rudely interrupted a romantic champagne picnic on the beach, but oh well. Their wine glasses ended up in the Pacific about 45 minutes later when the tide came in and took everything with it. Luckily, we were starting to head out, otherwise we would have been lost somewhere off the coast right now. The waves do not look too big in the photos, but trust me, they were enormous!
After that beach, we headed out of Point Reyes to find something to eat. We ended up having Fuddruckers. YUCK, I didn't like it! It smelled good, it looked good, but eating it was another story. Maybe burgers and fries are just not my friends anymore.
That's the end of our day.
2 comments:
Looks like a fantastic day for Mama and Kiddos! I did get a giggle out of imagining those wineglasses getting swept away into the surf. :)
ahhh.... gorgeous!! i want to be there!
Post a Comment