The other day, Juliana opened what she thought was one of the coolest gifts ever! Grandpa (my dad) got her a cupcake maker, A REAL ONE. I was skeptical about it really producing quality cupcakes, but Juliana pretty much thought it was made of diamonds, so I opened it, and began to make cupcakes with Juliana. There was red velvet cake mix, chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla, and frosting packets too. Sounds yummy, huh?! First we made the red velvet cupcake. We put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It looked horrendous, yet smelled yummy. Then Juliana chose to use the cream cheese frosting for that cupcake. We made the frosting, and put it in the neato frosting twirling thingy. Success! Once again, it looked horrendous, but smelled pretty good. Next Juliana made the cinnamon cupcake! Again, success! She chose vanilla frosting for that cupcake. It all went downhill from here. The frosting was a total disaster. It ran through the machine, it gooped all over the cupcake. GROSS! It was so nasty, Juliana gave up on the whole thing and wanted to use the cupcake stuff as toys, rather than actual cooking materials. YAYYYY!


I felt bad for Juliana since she thought this was such a cool gift. It was a cool gift! I am sure Grandpa thought he was winning the medal of honor for getting it for Juliana.
So, since the cupcake maker was a disaster, I decided that I would get real cupcake mix and frosting to make in the real (crappy) oven of ours. I did that today. We baked together, then the kids went nuts decorating the cupcakes this afternoon. The frosting was all over the table, the sprinkles went all over. Thank goodness Shadow is visiting. He cleaned the floor for me. It was a fun afternoon baking and decorating. And Juliana is super excited to use the cupcake maker any time she wants in her bedroom kitchen.

No comments:
Post a Comment