The joys of potty training. Kevin was super proud of himself today after going poopy in the potty. We've been talking about wiping since he hasn't exactly mastered that task. Today, he thought he would do me a favor and not have me wipe him. He took Donald Duck to do the dirty work. This is how it played out:
Kevin: yelling from the bathroom, "Mommy, I'm going poopy!"
Mommy: "Yeahhh, tell me when you are done, and I'll wipe you."
Kevin: "It's ok mommy, I did it!"
Mommy: "Yayyyy buddy boy, good job!" I said this while in the garage doing laundry.
A minute or so passed.
Kevin: "Look, Donald Duck did it for me!"
Mommy: "Nooooo, you need to wipe your bottom, or Mommy, or Daddy, not one of your toys."
Kevin: AGITATED. "Donald Duck is not a toy, he's my friend!! He help me!"
I just rolled my eyes, and put Donald Duck on the washer for the next load. It is currently in use, and at this rate, probably will be until he is 16.
Kevin: " Do I still get a lollipop for being a big boy?"
Mommy: "Yes, you are a big boy that did a REALLLLY yucky thing."
Kevin: "I'm sorry mommy. Next time I will tell Mickey Mouse to do it."
Other than using Donald Duck to wipe him, he is doing really well using the potty. No accidents, just aiming issues, which makes cleaning non-stop and laundry too. This too shall pass.
3 comments:
hahhahahaha!! that is hysterical!!!
Make sure to tell that story when he's about 15 or 16...and whip out the pic of his "friend" Donald!!
I have just recently gotten boy #4 potty-trained, the oldest is 14, so it has been a long haul:) I have heard a lot of funny stories and have a few of my own, but this one is a real hoot!! Thanks for sharing, glad I found your blog, come visit sometime!
Post a Comment