Thursday, January 08, 2009

Learning the Pee Pee Dance

UPDATING THE UPDATE: Jan. 10

HE PEED IN THE POTTY! It took forever, but he did it! Then he pooped all over his room. Ehhhh, gotta start somewhere!

---------------------------------
UPDATE: January 9

This potty training thing is getting me all bent outta shape. Kevin did really well this morning. My definition of well is not having to clean up messes. He was dry for 5 hours, even through rest time again. He also didn't go pee pee in the potty though. Since i am stubborn, we went to pick up Juliana at school while wearing underwear again, even though I knew he had not gone all day. Well, within minutes, he let loose. He chose the most comfortable place at school to pee, Room 22. He was so embarrassed. He asked for a pull-up, he cried once we left the classroom. Poor little man.

He is wearing a new pair of toddler boxers at the moment. No accidents, but at this rate, I am sure he will let loose while we are at the gym. Maybe I will break down and put a pull-up on while we are at the gym.

-------------------------------
Today, I officially started potty training Kevin. He said this morning (while pushing) that he needed to go poop. Oooook, so I put him on the potty. By the time we got there, he had already gone. Ehhh, oh well. I decided to clean him up, and not put on a pull-up. I pulled out the Mickey Mouse underwear that Santa brought. He was soooo proud of himself, even though he had not quite accomplished anything yet.

He was dry through rest time, dry while picking Juliana up at school, but stopped to pee on the living room floor while playing. Nice of him, huh?! He has gone about an hour since the accident, and asked to go potty once. Did he go? Nooooooo. We'll see. I refuse to put on another pull-up until nighttime. I am going to stick with this. Maybe I should go out and buy more underwear.

So, that's the news in our house. Potty training... whooo hooo! INCREDIBLY EXCITING, HUH?????!!!!!

Oh, and his prize of choice for going potty in the toilet is a lollipop. He hates M&M's and nearly all candy so he cried at those rewards. I need to go out to buy a cheap bag of dum-dums.

(I have a picture of Kevin showing off his Mickey underwear. It feels a little strange to post it for the world to see, so I won't. My e-mail is down, so I can't e-mail it either.)

No comments: