Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sand and Snow

This was a weekend full of excitement! I guess you can call it that.

We began the weekend with absolutely no agenda. Although, once again, yesterday Jason said to me, "So, what are we gonna do today?" My response, as usual, "I dunno. Let's get in the car." So we did.

We ended up going on Highway 1. We went to a beach that we had been once before. We just roamed the beach looking for seashells and sea life. We found a lot of whole sand dollars, mussel shells, and other perfectly formed seashells. There were also a ton of beached jellyfish which was really nasty, and dead crabs too. Ehhh, that's raw nature I suppose. That was saturday.


Today, Jason went golfing with his boss. He got a call last night to go with him. I don't ask questions, I just go with it.

My original sunday plans did not end up working out due to Jason's golf day, so I made a last minute decision that I was not going to sit around all day with the kids. I packed up their snow gear and headed to Lake Tahoe. WHYYYYYYY do I do these things? I realized about an hour into the drive that Kevin will need to stop to pee every hour, it will be freezing, and light snow falling too. Light snow... haaaaaaaaaa! Nope, it wasn't light snow, it was blizzardlike again. I still made the trip all the way there, and stopped at Squaw Valley.

TONS OF FUN! The kids were soooo well behaved, even in the car. It was such a great time throwing snow, going up the "cable car" to High Camp at nearly 8500 feet, and watching ice skating too. Such a blast!

Then we headed home slightly before 4pm, and got home slightly before 10pm. Yes, close to 6 hours to get home. The weather was horrible, the roads were horrendous, the drivers were crappy, and chain controls were outta control.

It was a great day though. Ni night.


1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

That looks like so much fun! Despite the 40+ inches of snow we've had so far, we've yet to venture outside to play. Need to remedy that!!