I am not sure who really pays attention to the links on the side of this blog. I put them on there because they are blogs that I think you would love to read. Some are friends, although most are just what I call "blogger buddies". Today I caught up on "Confessions of a CF Husband" which is a blog about a man whose wife is waiting for a double lung transplant because she has Cystic Fibrosis and his newborn baby girl Gwyneth Rose. Today Gwyneth Rose is 8 weeks old, a mere 1 lb 13 oz and almost 12 inches long. Her mommy held her for the first time yesterday and there is a video of the occasion posted on the blog. AMAZING!
I realized how crazy I am to have been so sappy in the entry below about my Grandma and what would have been her 94th birthday tomorrow. Grandma lived for 88 years, attended my wedding, and lived to her goal of seeing her first great-grandchild be born. She held Juliana twice, which were wonderful moments. As I read the blogs of other families across the world, I am constantly reminded about the joys of life, the fragility of life, and to truly LIVE each second that we have on this earth.
All of this sounds so "Hallmark" to say. I know that. I have come to the conclusion, that I do not have time for negativity, I am finding time for only positive people and things in my life. What a novel idea, huh?! I watch the smallest things happening around me now. Juliana and Kevin pick the flowers (or as most call them, weeds) outside of school each day, and I love it. Especially when Juliana's Kindergarten friends exchange them as gifts of love. It is so adorable to witness. I can now belt out the most ridiculous renditions of children's songs in the car, just so I can see the kids faces and know they are having fun in the moment.
I hope all of you readers can find the beauty in the smallest things in this world. Lord knows I fail sometimes while trying to enjoy each moment, but I try to remember how lucky I am.
1 comment:
you are not crazy...my granpa past away 8 years ago...my wedding was his last event...he was so happy to see me get married and he loved John...and he past away....I was SO mad that he never saw my kids...he turned(would)90 on march 2th...that was a HARD day for me....the kids know about him and they love to go see him and how "good" he is getting the grass to grow....but he would love this because he loved gardening!!!stay positive!!! If you need some laughter call the french girl...even if she's having a bad day she can make you have a good laugh!! you already know that!!!
Post a Comment