Well, Kevin FINALLY had his Celiac second opinion on friday. What a difference a doctor can make! His new specialist took about 45 minutes to an hour to talk to us about what happened at the hospital in November and what has happened since then. To make a long story short, his initial reaction is that Kevin does have Celiac, although there are a few things that make him doubt that too. He and the nutritionist (that we talked to for another hour), are also concerned about his BMI, Body Mass Index. His height is close to the 80th percentile, and his weight is in the 5-10th percentile, which puts his BMI well below what the charts can actually show. They think it is about the 2nd percentile, but aren't completely sure. All of this is consistent with Celiac, although since he has been on a gluten free diet for 4 months now, he should be gaining weight. He is only up 18 ounces from when he left the hospital in November. After we spent the time with the nutritionist, we headed to the lab for poking and prodding. Kevin had about 4 vials of blood taken for various tests. Those tests should be back early this week. He was quite angry in the lab, although was over it quickly and was back to his active self within minutes. It was a successful day!
Thank goodness we have such wonderful friends here. Since the appointment took so long, Juliana went to Alissa's house after school to play. A HUGE THANK YOU MARTINE!
Later on friday night, we headed to see Disney Princesses on Ice. We thought it started at 7pm, ohhhhhh nooooo, it started at 7:30. We were there about 6:15 to get a decent parking spot too. You would think we would have been bright enough to look at the start time on the tickets. Apparently not! Haaaaaa! Once we got through the doors, Juliana and I sat down in the seats, while Daddy and Kevin went to look for some special treats. All I have to say, is that a Daddy knows how to spoil children. He came back with a Little Mermaid cup with an icee, a $20 program, a Mickey Mouse doll, cotton candy, Flounder hat, and a light up tiara for Juliana. LUCKY KIDS!
I think that was the only fun Daddy had, because he and Kevin left the show about 15 minutes into it. Kevin was terrified with the applause and the lighting changes. Daddy had a good attitude about it, and came to pick up Juliana and I after the show. Too bad he forgot to turn his phone on when he left the building and I could not get a hold of him at all after the show. I was a bit scared standing there with Juliana, but it all ended well. I think the best part of the night was seeing Alissa, seeing her girl scout friends, and even her friend Jocelyn from school too. FUN FUN FUN!
Yesterday we headed to my sisters house to celebrate my Dad's 65th birthday. The kids had a great time playing, running around, getting attention from aunties and uncles, and of course getting attention from Grandpa too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! After the dinner and cake, we headed to Mom's house to pick up Shadow. We were home about 10pm, with a wide awake Kevin and Shadow, and a zonked Mommy, Daddy, and Juliana.
Today we are heading to another birthday party. I suppose I should go wrap the gift.
NO PICTURES. I am not sure what was going through my head during this weekend, I just never picked up the camera. Try not to be completely heartbroken. HA HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment