Friday, September 05, 2008

EARTHQUAKE... yikes!



Have you ever been sitting alone quietly and heard or felt something and you thought you were going insane? Of course, right?! Humor me, come on. Well, that was me about an hour ago. I was writing snail mail notes to some people quietly at our desk, then I heard a loud noise and THUD at the same time. I thought some tree removal equipment across the path rolled into the side of our house. I went to check it out. Nope, no equipment planted into our house. I checked on the kids. They are fine.

Then the phone rang. It was Jason... "I FELT IT! DID YOU?" Phew, it was just an earthquake.

It was very quick, maybe 3-4 seconds, and not too powerful, just a 4.2, but it was enough to freak the crap out of me. I survived the big one of 1989, so I am not sure what my issue was tonight. I guess since it was so fast, an earthquake was the last thing on my mind.

To all of you in Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and the Bahamas... I guess since you are so lucky to be getting hurricanes these days, we felt left out of the news and needed an earthquake to scare the hell out of everyone.

No comments: