Monday, September 15, 2008

Outta Shape

I got a HUGE reality check this morning. My butt has officially been kicked! Excuse the language, but so true.

I had my first personal training session at the gym this morning. I used muscles today that I never knew I had. I can barely walk! All of this is a good thing in the end, but my goodness, I am hurting. As I was leaving, one of the kids coaches saw me and said,

"How are you Karen?"

"I'm ok. I can barely walk after the training session."

"Oh, who did you have?"

After I told her, she says, "Yeah, she's good. And she is 7 months pregnant too!"

My jaw nearly dropped. I couldn't tell this trainer was pregnant, and she still did all of the lunges, crunches, weights, and Lord knows what else we did today. I felt like a complete fool today, and obviously out of shape.

I had a dream last night that I was training for a marathon. I have nooooooo idea where that came from, but I started at a lake or something like that. The marathon was 32 miles. I never actually started the marathon in my dream, I just remember training for it and showing up to the event. Maybe this is a sign that I should start training for a marathon. A goal, I guess you could say. What do you think? Hey, maybe I'll give it a shot. We'll see.

I am going to lounge on the couch for the next hour or so. My legs are killing me. I also need to digest the price sheet that the trainer gave me for future training sessions. $80/session is a bit much... yikes! I think for now, I'll stick with the cardio equipment, using the weight machines, and doing the crunches on our living room floor.

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

You think it hurts now....wait till you get up tomorrow morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Karen...That's awesome! I know there are times I can't even hold my cell phone after I leave...I feel your pain! 80.00 though...ouch!