While Juliana was at school, Kevin and I made his birthday cupcakes together. He wanted chocolate with frosting, but he didn't care what color frosting. So, I bought vanilla and food coloring to make many different colors. The cupcakes are certainly not ones that I would enter into Martha Stewart magazine as an award winner, but they served the purpose.
We went out to dinner at "Grapes" AKA Olive Garden. We still call it "Grapes" because that is what Juliana used to call it, hence the grapes on the sign. Kevin wanted to go to Rainforest Cafe or Elephant Bar. We were picky parents and chose otherwise. I didn't feel like going into the city for Rainforest Cafe, and we had Elephant Bar at least 5 times this summer. I'm tired of it. Kevin was a happy camper with Olive Garden's cheese pizza. He ate every last bite of it.
After dinner we came home, sat down at the table, and started singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". Kevin chose his green cupcake, and devoured it! We all loved the homemade cupcakes! Then we went into the living room to open presents. A fun and exhausting night.
p.s. Tory, thanks for the stickers and the cars. I am pretty sure I'll see dinosaur stickers on the oven door, inside the Holy Bibie, and inside the cable box within 48 hours. Haaaaa, kidding! THANKS! Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment