Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MORAL OF STORY

A LESSON FOR ALL MOMMIES AND TEACHERS...

Last night, Juliana and I were at story time at the library. The lady reading the stories is usually pretty disorganized and scatterbrained. She’s a very nice lady, but not the most organized. ANYWAY, the theme last night was “I AM LOST”. She begins to read a story about a little boy who loses his daddy at a department store. The boy travels through the clothing sections, and then into the bathroom. THE WHAT??? Yes, the bathroom. The woman changes the page to a full two page spread that looks like this.... Four urinals with three men facing backwards obviously peeing, and one man facing forward with his hands zipping up his pants. Her face was mortified when she turned onto this page! All of the men blushed right along with the story lady. It didn’t help when a loud mouth kid says, “Is that my Daddy?” (Martine, I am sure you can guess who that kid was. NO NOT MINE! HAAAA!)

Moral of story... Read a book first before you read it to a group of 30 children and parents. How embarrassing!

No comments: