Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peace little Juliana- 9/11/01


Remembering September 11, 2001. I found this online. Typing this right now is incredibly difficult. This little Juliana is the inspiration for our little Juliana's name. I saw her face on television on the night of September 11. The photo they showed on tv was a Christmas photo. Our little baby was due on December 14, 2001, or as I liked to call the baby, "Our Christmas Baby". Since we did not know the sex of the baby, we were going back and forth with names. When I saw the Christmas photo of Juliana Valentine McCourt, I knew I had to run to Jason with the name. Her face is etched into my noggin and my heart for eternity.

Little Juliana and her mommy were on United Airlines headed to Disneyland. We all know Disneyland is not only the happiest place on earth, but my favorite place too. I have put myself into the dark place of trying to fathom sitting on that flight with my little girl knowing we were going to die. I can not imagine. How scary, how terrifying. I hope in some way, shape, or form that little Juliana and her mommy know there is another little girl running around on this earth making sand castles, blowing bubbles, eating Cheerios, and holding hands with Mickey Mouse. Peace little Juliana.

Hug someone you love today. Hug them every day. Hold them close. Life is too short.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

what a fabulous tribute